Data visualization for Actuaries (20/02/2024) (16h00 - 18h00)
The modern actuary has to deal more and more with massive amounts of data and complex models. For this reason the preparation of clear and meaningful visualisations, and the need for a proper story-telling have become crucial when communicating results to the management and stakeholders.
Through this training we propose to introduce the audience to the main concepts behind data visualizations, to give examples based on concrete situations from the actuarial field, and introduce the tools that are available.
- Understand the power of visualizing your data
- Understand the best practices in Design Principles
- The importance of story telling
- How to recognize bad & misleading visualizations
- Which are the main tools
- Stijn Loomans, Senior Manager in Technology Consulting, EY
- Joost Koentges, Director Actuarial Services, EY
Some practical information:
MS Teams will be used for the web session.
The Teams link will be provided to the participants 1 day before the session will take place.
In case of any question, please contact us.