The governance of IA|BE is based on a number of documents:
- The IA|BE Bylaws include the key governance principles. Statuten NL / Statuts FR / Bylaws EN
- The bylaws are complemented by the IA|BE House Rules. Huishoudelijk Reglement / Règlement d'Ordre Intérieur / House Rules [as of 01/01/2024: Intern Reglement / Règlement d'Ordre Intérieur / House Rules]
- New conditions for young members to become IA|BE Qualified Actuary.
- When becoming a member of IA|BE, members explicitly adhere to the IA|BE Code of Professional Conduct. Deontologische Code / Code de Déontologie / Code of Conduct (further details regarding the Code of Conduct in the Toelichting / Note explicative / Explanatory note)
- The IA|BE Sanctions Policy regulates how to go about alleged breaches of the IA|BE Code of Professional Conduct (Dutch / French / English).
The governance bodies involved in the management and functioning of IA|BE are:
- The Board, elected by the members, is responsible for the functioning of the institute;
- Committees and Working Groups where members work around topics of importance for the members or for the actuarial profession at large;
- The Permanent Secretariat takes care of the daily management of the institute.