The governance of IA|BE is based on a number of documents:
- The IA|BE Bylaws include the key governance principles. Statuten NL / Statuts FR / Bylaws EN
- The bylaws are complemented by the IA|BE House Rules. Huishoudelijk Reglement / Règlement d'Ordre Intérieur / House Rules
- When becoming a member of IA|BE, members explicitly adhere to the IA|BE Code of Professional Conduct. Deontologische Code / Code de Déontologie / Code of Conduct (further details regarding the Code of Conduct in the Toelichting / Note explicative / Explanatory note)
- If a member wishes to become or remain an IA|BE Qualified Actuary, at least 60 CPD points have to be a gathered in a periode of 3 years and the member should participate in a session about the IA|BE Code of Professional conduct.
The governance bodies involved in the management and functioning of IA|BE are:
- The Board, elected by the members, is responsible for the functioning of the institute;
- Committees and Working Groups where members work around topics of importance for the members or for the actuarial profession at large;
- The Permanent Secretariat takes care of the daily management of the institute.