This training will allow participants to build a structured approach to the analysis and valuation of non-life and life insurance companies through a mix of lecture and case studies. The workshop will equip participants to:
- Familiarize themselves with the insurance business and its products;
- Understand the IFRS financial statements of insurance companies;
- Review forecasting and valuation models for a non-life insurance companies;
- Apply intrinsic and relative valuation methods such as market and transactional trading multiples and, for multi-line insurance companies, the sum-of-the-parts;
- Understand core elements of life insurance, such as the specific additional voluntary disclosure of Embedded Value.
The workshop makes use of case studies and exercises, with non-life and life insurance companies being analysed and financial models reviewed.
Language can be either English, Flemish or French depending on the participants.