The purpose of this training is to summarize the main indicators useful to measure and compare the performances of insurance companies for life and non-life activities.
Different dimensions (profitability, level of risk, return on capital…) and different regulations (local Gaap, IFRS, Solvency II) will be considered.
The concepts will be directly applied to real figures of Belgian companies.
We will address the following items:
- Macro Structure of a P & L account for life and non-life
- The various dimensions of performance
- Profitability indicators (Loss ratio, combined ratio, influence of reinsurance, equilibrium interest rate…)
- Risk indicators and portfolio theory
- Return on capital
- Value measurement / embedded value in life